All the stress of planning, organizing, packing, and moving will finally be worth it once you’re walking in Memphis – with your feet ten feet off of the Beale. You can focus all your energy on recharging once you relocate to Memphis from Detroit. Walking alongside the Mississippi river, listening to the soulful sounds of the city, tasting that amazing barbecue under the Southern sun, and all that while knowing you are experiencing the same streets once walked by great names such as Aretha Franklin, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, B.B. King and many others. It’s time for a new start, your moment to relax and we promise you that after reading this guide you will be singing: ‘’Can’t help falling in love with Memphis’’.
First things first – to get the momentum, relax after moving to Memphis
After all, we are only humans and all the fuss and stress of moving to the Grind city most certainly calls for some serious recharging. You don’t want to accumulate all the stress by not resting and taking time to renew your energy. Be clever though – make this whole chaos of a process faster and easier and get some help by checking out expert cross country movers in Detroit.
Therefore, explore our tips on post-moving ideas on how to relax and restore that momentum of energy, so you can head out to explore all the creativity only Memphis can offer.
- Watch a movie or binge-watch a whole TV series. Remember that movie you know is a classic, and that you should watch it, just never had the time to do it. Now is the time. Pick the one with the most relaxing theme and enjoy.
- Do yoga. Practicing yoga is a wonderful way to tune out of the outside world and completely forget about all the stress that comes with moving.
- Cook your favorite meal. Treat yourself, practice your favorite recipe or even better – go out and start trying out Memphis’ best restaurants.
- Invite friends over. Sometimes friends are all we need for stress to go away. If this is what you prefer – gather them in your new home or check out some of the top bars in Memphis.
- Sleep as much as you need because moving to another home, no matter if it’s in a different city or different street – is immensely exhausting. Therefore, recharging once you relocate to Memphis from Detroit can only be achieved by healthy sleeping and lots of rest.
- Give thanks. There is more and more research in positive psychology teaching us that gratitude leads to feelings of happiness. Take a moment to give thanks for your new Memphis home.
There is no reason why you should wait for everything to be in place before finally enjoying your new home. Now that you are all relaxed and ready to ride that moment, let movers do what they do best and indulge in all the gems Memphis has to offer you.
Getting to know the city is the best option for recharging once you relocate to Memphis from Detroit
Memphis is an exciting place, filled with sights, experiences, and opportunities for every taste. In case you are new to the city let long distance movers Detroit handle delivering your packages and start exploring the city. In order to help you grasp all the richness of Memphis’ unique culture and history, we made a list of some of the state-of-the-art attractions you should enjoy:
- National Civil Rights Museum is the place where you can learn about the history of the US civil rights movements from the 17th century until the present.
- Graceland. Visit the former home and the most complete museum of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll – Elvis Presley.
- Stax Museum. Opened at the former location of Stax Records, this museum presents the history of American soul music which belongs right here in Memphis.
- Sun Studio. If you are a big fan of music you should definitely visit ‘The birthplace of Rock ‘n’ Roll’ – the place where Elvis recorded his first song and one of the most famous recording studios in the world.
- Beale Street. Very attractive to tourists, this place holds a major role in the history of blues music. It is filled with bars and restaurants and often brings big crowds for concerts and festivals.
- Memphis Zoo is of the best zoos in the US, Memphis Zoo is home to more than 3500 animals and 500 species.
- Shelby Farms Park. If you love the outdoors and need a beautiful place for recreation and exercise this park will offer you everything you could wish for.
- Peabody Rooftop Party & Ducks. The Peabody Hotel is a fun tourist attraction famous for its ducks that live on the rooftop of the hotel.
- Memphis Botanic Garden. An incredibly peaceful place that true nature lovers will absolutely adore.
In case there is still work to be done, and yet you find yourself rather choosing to explore the cultural scene and stories of Memphis, affordable residential movers will do all the work for you and even save you some money for fun.
Take a deep breath and start falling in love with Memphis
As a result, you can sit back and relax in your new home, listen to the world-class sounds of soul and blues, read a captivating book, or just sleep for days at a time. The breathtaking landscapes of Memphis and the Mississippi river will be waiting for you. Take care of yourself, recharge and make the decision to relocate to Memphis from Detroit the best decision of your life.